This smoothie is a riff on that, with oatmeal cookie flavor and just a hint of nutmeg. It’s full of fiber and gets its sweetness from soaked dates and a banana. Although it resembles a dessert, this is the perfect breakfast smoothie.
Makes 2 (10-ounce) servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
½ cup of rolled oats, 2 cup ofs unsweetened nondairy or dairy milk of choice
- frozen banana, ¼ cup of almond butter or sunflower seed butter
¼ cup of raisins
- dates, soaked, pitted, and finely chopped
½ teaspoon vanilla extract and ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Put the oats in a blender. Process with 20 to 30 (one-second) pulses, untilfinely ground.
- Add the milk, banana, almond butter, raisins, dates, vanilla, and nutmeg,and blend until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping the blender if needed to scrape down the sides so everything is fully incorporated.
- Pour into two glasses and enjoy.
Nutritional Information per serving Calories: 479; Total Fat: 23 g; Sugars: 24 g; Carbohydrates: 59 g; Fiber: 7 g; Protein: 13 g